From USA Today With roughly 23.5 million Americans addicted to drugs or alcohol, and another 22 million in recovery, substance abuse happens often happens on the job.
Here are signs a co-worker might be struggling with alcohol or drug addiction:
- Falling asleep at work, or constantly appearing to be very tired
- Suddenly making frequent mistakes
- Frequent trips to the bathroom or break room
- Extreme mood swings
- Theft or disappearance of valuable pieces of company property
- Missed appointments or deadlines
- Difficulty concentrating or recalling details, inability to follow instructions or unusual amount of time needed to complete routine tasks
- Changes in hygiene
If the content in ROR has helped you or a loved one, please consider making a donation to keep us going. We need your support to survive and thrive.