We see you out there all across the country. You ARE recovery rock stars who carry the message of hope. You chair meetings, hold your sponsees hands, and make life-long impacts on another person’s life. No mere quiz could ever define how great you are, or could it? Let’s find out.
Test Your Recovery IQ
1. Who wrote the Serenity Prayer, and what does the prayer specifically ask for?
Item A: ______________________
Item B: ______________________
Item C: ______________________
2. What does the acronym HALT stand for?
3. True or False: In the event of an opioid overdose, it necessary to do CPR but not rescue breathing.
4. Alcohol Use Disorders can be classified into how many stages?
E) None of the above
5. What are the five signs of an opioid overdose?
6. How many people out of 10 who struggle with addiction find the help they need?
E) None of the above
7. True or False: In the event of an opioid overdose, you should encourage vomiting.
8. True or False: Memories associated with acute stress and trauma get stored in the part of your brain responsible for survival.
9. The American Heart Association now recommends teens and kids should consume less than _______ added teaspoons of sugar per day.
10. Which of the following substances cause a dopamine spike in the brain?
F) A and C
G) B, D, and E
I) None of the above
Bonus Question. True or False: Only people who get 100% right on this quiz are recovery rock stars.
Facts Don’t Translate Into Passion
Of course, no IQ test could measure the potential we have to help another person find recovery. In fact, sometimes facts can be off-putting.
The answers to all of the questions above are found in our books. We use beautiful scenes, delicious recipes, and colorful graphics to teach these recovery facts.
Books Serve As A Bridge
Of course, our beautiful books are helping people in jail pods, sober living homes, inpatient facilities, and small recovery groups, but that is only their primary stop. When one person struggles with addiction, the whole family suffers. ROR books are written to help the whole family heal. When everyone speaks the language of recovery, arguments can turn into discussions. Disagreements can be settled and boundaries can be respected.
For those who need to order a full set of books for your entire facility, please call us at 941.366.0870 to discuss our group discounts!