Reach Out Recovery and Strides in Recovery are walking together on Wednesday afternoons. Join us to feel better.
If you are new to exercise, and the Coronavirus “Stay at Home” lifestyle is getting you down, this is the perfect group for you.Leslie Gold
Virtual walking means moving at your own pace
Have you ever thought about joining a running club, but changed your mind because you thought you were too out of shape, couldn’t keep up, or wouldn’t fit in? Problem solved. With a virtual group, nobody will know how fast or slow you’re going; and even if you take a break, you’ll still be keeping up with the group.
Here are five reasons to be part of the ROR and Strides In Recovery Community
- Exercise reduces anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Getting outside and moving lifts your mood.
- You will be connecting with people all across the country who share your goals.
- You will get training tips from the group leader, a certified coach who has helped hundreds in recovery cross the finish line of the Los Angeles Marathon
- By the time you get back home, you’ll be feeling much better than before you left.
How virtual walking works
- We all join a Zoom video call at the same time
- We warm up together, led by a Strides in Recovery coach.
- You will get tips about the benefits of exercise in recovery.
- Everyone walks or runs at their own pace for 30 minutes.
- The coach will facilitate conversation among the participants.
- We’ll cool down and stretch together at the end of our walk/run.
- You’ll feel good about yourself and what we accomplished together.
When we meet
Wednesdays at 2:30 Pacific / 5:30 Eastern
Wednesdays at 5:30 Pacific / 8:30 Eastern
To sign up and receive your Zoom link, email us at [email protected]